ABE/GED Academic Assessment Test / Instructional Aide Test Academic Classes Career Education Computer Courses English As A Second Language ESL/Citizenship General Interest Parenting Education
Office Locations
Frequestly Asked Questions General Information
Home Page Logo

Frequestly Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Adult School located?
The main campus (CAS 7th Street) is located near the corner of Seventh Street and Vineyard Avenue in Ontario at 1802 E.Seventh Street, Ontario 91764, (909) 391-5365.

The satellite campus (CAS 5th Street) is located between San Antonio and Euclid Avenues in Ontario at 557 W. Fifth Street, Ontario 91762, (909) 983-7102.

How do I enroll in Adult School?
• ABE or GED Test Preparation – You should register at the main campus at 1802 East 7th Street in Ontario. You will take a placement test to determine proper placement in ABE or GED.You will take a placement test to determine proper placement in ABE or GED. Please allow 1-2 hours for the placement exam. No appointment is necessary, walk-ins are welcome. There is no cost for the placement test.
• High School Diploma – You will need to meet with a counselor at the satellite campus at 557 W. Fifth Street, Ontario. Please bring a copy of your most recent transcript. The counselor will complete a transcript evaluation and an education plan. 
• ESL – You may register at either office. ESL students will be given an assessment test to determine placement in the proper level.
• Computer and Vocational Classes – You may register at either office.

On-line registration is available through the website for selected classes; a convenience fee will apply.

When do I pay for the classes?
You pay for the class at the time of registration. We accept cash, credit card, and debit card. Preferred method of payment is credit card/debit card. 

How old do I have to be to take classes?
Anyone 18 years of age or older, and not attending regular high school, may enroll in the Chaffey Adult School. Credit students should enroll prior to the third week of the semester. However, students may enter various classes at any time during the year. Check with the office. 

Students 16 years or older may attend adult education classes while concurrently enrolled at their regular high school, provided they have a referral from their high school counselor.

Do I need to buy books for my classes?
Some classes may require textbooks. They may be purchased at the Chaffey Adult School Offices.

Should I get my GED or high school diploma?
We recommend that you meet with an academic counselor to complete an education plan. It is important to bring the most recent copy of your high school transcripts so that we may assist you in making an informed decision. Please call for additional information (909) 983-7102.

When are the Placement Tests?
Placement tests are required for accurate enrollment in most programs and are administered at the time of registration. There is no cost for the tests. Please allow 1-2 hours to properly complete the tests. 

Do you have security?
Chaffey Adult School has security at the main campus and satellite campus for day and evening classes. In addition, both campuses are monitored with a 24-hour surveillance system.